Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Female 02 Sensor Connection

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Female 02 Sensor Connection

So after hours of beating on my wrench I was finally able to bust one of my front 02 sensors loose. Between the exertion related to the removal of the sensor and the three hours of hockey I played this morning I managed to cut the female sensor connection to the ECU. Completed idiot move and I cannot believe I pulled this one off.

Can I splice the connection back on to the wires running to the ECU? Do I have to buy a new ECU harness? How boned am I? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:17 AM
2nd Gear

Splice. Do NOT add any wire as it is a special, low resistance wire. I use the melt with a heat gun connectors that solder and shrinkwrap the splice. I wouldn't use plain crimp connectors.

Bob

Old 06-19-2011, 03:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bob martin
Splice. Do NOT add any wire as it is a special, low resistance wire. I use the melt with a heat gun connectors that solder and shrinkwrap the splice. I wouldn't use plain crimp connectors.

Bob
Thanks Bob. Still can't believe I pulled this one off.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bob martin

Bob
I didn't know where to get the heat/solder connectors and needed to get this beast on the road. I used crimp connectors but will order these wonder connectors soon. The heat shrink I had did not work as advertised and I used some liquid electrical tape in the interim as well.

It looks filthy but I am getting what I need from it for the time being. Really disgusted with myself at the moment.

Thanks for you help Bob.

Attached Thumbnails Female 02 Sensor Connection-o2-sensor-female.jpg