Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few problems that have me worried

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
mig
1st Gear
Default A few problems that have me worried

1) This has happened twice to me already, when driving in automatic (not tiptronic) mode when I accelerate its almost as if the car is in neutral because the RPMs go up but the car doesn't accelerate. I think maybe both times I've accelerated as the car is shifting gears?? The first time it happened I was on the highway and I had to switch to tiptronic mode and downshift to 3rd in order to get a response from the car. The second time I just accelerated a second time and the car responded the second time.

2) The (temperature system?) heating on the car is making an annoying noise, I notice it more when I turn the wheel to the right when I am going maybe 20MPH but lately I'm also hearing it while the car is stopped, the only thing that takes the noise off is when I turn my temperature system off in the car. I started noticing it after the cold set in and the noise is coming from the left side of the battery under the hood (above the air filter kind of, but right next to the battery).

3) When I turn on the car I hear some sort of 'whistling' coming from the car when I accelerate, I notice it mostly when the car is cold after I turn it on; I don't warm up my car because according to the manual I don't need to, instead I just turn it on and 30-40secs later drive off. I wait the 30 seconds to allow the oil to lubricate the engine a little.

4) Can anyone verify what the name is for the piece that locks the fuel cover door when I lock the car?

5) Does anyone have any idea why my trunk won't lock when I lock the car, and why it randomly opens when I don't lock it with the key?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

Old 01-17-2006, 06:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A few problems that have me worried

item 3 happens to me as well, only when cold. heard it was a secondary air pump? when car warms up noise stops.

item 1, when was the last time the tranny was serviced?

Old 01-17-2006, 08:28 PM
mig
1st Gear

Well let me know what happens when you locate that pump... hopefully if you fix it i will look for it to try and fix it... (if it can be fixed).

And I don't know when the tranny was last serviced, but its on the list of things to do (service it, or at least take it for a check up to see if i'm low on any fluids or if there is something wrong)... because I also notice it "jumping" whenever I switch from drive to reverse.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

#2, I live in south florida so A/C is on most of the time, I noticed a weee weee noise very subtle coming from the glove box area, if I put the fan off it noise is gone, my conclusion is that I have a bad bering in the climate unit fan, I have the impresion it will get more anoying with the time. It may be the same on yours, check if it happends with the fan off.