Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Oil Change / Tune-Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM
1st Gear
Default First Oil Change / Tune-Up

Hello, Just recently I purchased an A6 with about 120,000 miles on it. It has the 3.0 V6 30V engine, without quattro.

I have never owned a german car and am well aware that they require premium maintenance items. Going into my first oil change, I'm going to try and keep the price down.

There was no owner manual with the car so I don't know the kind of oil or how much oil is needed. I was going to try the Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 after reading some good reviews and looking at the wal-mart price.

My question is will this oil be sufficient for at least 5,000 miles? It won't cause sludge buildup or anything right? I plan on seafoaming the crankcase about 100 miles before changing oil to get rid of any harmful buildup.

I am not to sure about what kind of filter I should use, the ones at the auto parts stores don't look like they would be of good quality, especially for an audi.
As for the spark plugs they look like they need to be replaced, any specific brand recommendation? I don't have the money for iridium plugs right now so I was going to go with normal NGK Copper plugs, unless those have a bad reputation?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Last edited by SSEI173; 11-01-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

anyone?

Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 PM
2nd Gear

On my 2.7T I use Mobile-1 0W-40 and change it every 5000 miles, along with a Mann oil filter, which I believe is OEM.

I would like to say Bosch makes the OEM plugs for our cars, but I'm not 100% sure.

There are certain things that you can safely go after market with, and other things that you really shouldn't when it comes to Audis or you'll be replacing that after market part sooner than later. I would highly recommend going with an OEM oil filter as other brands may not have the same volume as the others, or just might not have the same quality filtering components as the OEM ones.