Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going to track in about a month what do I need to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:16 PM
1st Gear
Default going to track in about a month what do I need to do?

ok...I've never being to track before, so I know absolutely nothing about what to do, here is a few questions I can think of for now, btw my car is BONE stock (kinda funny to take a stock executive 4-door saloon to track)
1. I know there's something like pre-track inspection, do I really need that? cause it's my first time so I don't think I'm gonna go really really hard, and my car is stock.....

2. Since my car is BONE stock...I'm thinking maybe I should do some small upgrade...like..new and better brake pads, better brake fluid? New and harder springs? (I think that gonna go way over my budget) Don't know any upgrade thats kinda cheap....my budget will be..i guess 350ish maybe 400 max... including labour if necessary.

3. when we are on track, do we use the S mode or the TIP??? when we are on TIP, the throttle doesn't feel that direct compare to S mode so I'm not sure, and do we floor the car on straight or be more gentle..

4. well this question really don't have much to do with my track day..but here it is. What will happen if I have a APR 93 chip (which I don't) and use 91 fuel? like is it worst or better then the 91 program with 91 fuel...( bit more explanation please

5. what fuel should we use on track days? we have like 30 or so cars and gonna rent the track for a whole day, 91 or really high octane gas, I think higher the octane the more stress the engine take.. and again my car is BONE stock.

6. are we gonna lose alot if not all the tread on our tires after a day on track ( assuming not driving REALLY hard) and my tire is not just normal all-season I think, with 75%+ of tread left.

7. About the brakes, I saw a video on brakes on a RS6 on youtube that is smoking after I duno how many laps, if a RS6 will smoke I can't imagine what will happen to our 2.7t...so are new performance pads and fluid needed? our A6 are big and heavy btw.

I know I'm a bit annoying...but please~ answer my questions~ it might be questions that other member have in their head before taking their A6 to track~

Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: going to track in about a month what do I need to do?

anyone??

Old 04-24-2008, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: going to track in about a month what do I need to do?

1- dont kno what the track req for ur track is they vary i kno i need 5 point harnesses if you run under an 11 in teh 1/4 mile at my track and a roll cage under 10 .. but it varies

2- well if ur going to be basically beating your car for a half hour at a time id make sure all ur fluids are at least topped off ... u could think about changing them but u have to buy audi specific fluids as for upgrades you arent getting much for 350 bucks ... get some DVs a chip and a new TBB for about 800ish but thats all performance

3-id use tip bc if you are in s and you gun it your going to upshift whereas tip ull remain in teh gear your in

4- not that big of a deal as long as your not using like 86 but id never run nething less then 93 in my car

5-93

6- tires will be fine but yea if your drifting or gripping corners then ur gonna lose tread duh lol

7- make sure your lines are good