Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have Avant w/rear airbag susp? Step in...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Have Avant w/rear airbag susp? Step in...

Greetings. I have an '01 Avant 4.2 Quattro - wanting to stiffen up the rear a bit, seems a bit bouncy and soft here in Germany on the Autobahn at speed. I don't have the car with me at the moment, but am thinking that since the airbags go where the springs normally are, that I can add some shocks in the standard mounting location, and help the 'bounce' considerably. I like the idea of keeping the self leveling rear suspension.

So, anyone done this? Are the standard shock mounting holes there, top and bottom? Anyone want to go out and look at their avant for me? I dropped mine off this morning and am out of the country for a week, but would like to order the stock rear Bilstein's if I can see if they fit.

Also, anyone got a good Audi shop who may know the answer, pls post their contact info, phone, whatever, and I'll see if they can help. Or, anyone have a .pdf of the suspension or Haynes, I'll take it.

Thanks!

Smash