Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hazard lights Permanently Switch On - Audi A6 2000

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Hazard lights Permanently Switch On - Audi A6 2000

Hope someone can help to crack this one. My Audi A6 year 2000 1.8T had the hazard light (the triangle switch) light on and all the turn signal lights around the car switched ON at the same time.

Lucky enough the lights didn't drain the battery out and i could start the car. Disconnected the battery for 5 min and reconnect the battery, but the problem is still there (the turn signal lights and the hazard switch light still ON).

Took it to local garage and they got a new hazard switch from Eurocarparts but that didnt resolve the problem.

So, at the moment the hazard switch is disconnected so that the lights don't turn on and that means my signal lights are not working.

My central locking still works.

I checked a lot of forums but they keep mentioning about comfort control module , convenient control module or central locking pump. But there is no clear steps how to verify this or where these modules are located in Audi A6 year 2000.

Hope someone can advice me soon.

Update on 9 Feb 2015 :
Since i got no advice, i decided to try to figure this out the old school way. Lifted the carpet both side (driver and passenger side) and found the Comfort control module(which is also the central locking unit) under the passenger seat carpet(my car is UK model). But my bad luck, there was water under the carpet and later found water in the Comfort Control Unit as well.

First, i disconnected the battery.
Removed the black box which contain the control module unit out from the carpet. Open this box, removed the module and disconnected all the connectors. Use the hair dryer to dry out the module and connectors. Use cloth to remove as much water i could from under the carpet.

Put everything back together and now it all works!!!

Next, check under the battery if there is a block since its a common fault which cause water to flow into the car under the passenger or driver seat. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by sukhpal_78; 02-08-2015 at 07:37 PM.