Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixes for when Bluetooth is stuck on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Fixes for when Bluetooth is stuck on!!!

Hi All...

I have had a problem with my Bluetooth in my 2005 A6 C6 staying engaged even after I have turned the car off or after I have disconnected from a call. Everything is SUPPOSED TO shut off after you turn the car off, but it was not.

This was intermittent and would happen at the most inopportune times. In fact, a few times, I was concerned that it stayed on and connected long after I had turned off the vehicle so it would kill my battery.

There are two solutions which may or may not work, but there is nothing on the Net that mentions this if you do a search.

The first solution is doing an MMI reset. This is done by holding the set up button, the MMI **** and the upper right soft key (the buttons around the ****) until you see your MMI screen go dark and reset. This did NOT work for me, but according to Audi USA it should.

The next solution is going into the menus - TELEPHONE ----> SET UP ----> SETTINGS ------> REMOVE BLUETOOTH DEVICES. This supposedly takes you phone out of the system, but then you add it later or it recognizes it as new later on. This did NOT work for me, but according to Audi USA it should.

Somewhere on the Net, I read that our Audi's sometimes stay connected with our phones bc the Bluetooth isn't fully turned off from our phones and the vehicle module still thinks that it is connected. Even if you turn your bluetooth off at your phone, or turn the phone completely off, there is still some sort of residual something going on (sorry about the high tech language.) So the answer that DID work was that I took the back cover off of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (I had to do this with my Galaxy Note 2 as well) phone and removed the battery. I waited a few seconds.... and VOILA!!! The Bluetooth in the car was no longer engaged.

I hope this helps.

If only I could find simple fixes for all of the other issues now happening with my car.