Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Default HELP!!!

OK I was going to change the rear control arm on the front suspension on the driver side tonight. Well i ran in to a problem, i can't get the pinch bolt out. I've done the other side before and it went fine, so i have an idea of what i am doing. I have tried EVERYTHING torch, PB blaster, punch + 2 pound hammer, i mean every thing. Just wondering if my only next option is to drill it out? I also have the idea of saying screw it and just getting a salvaged knuckle and changing it b/c i think my bearing is going bad too. Any ideas are welcomed and thanks in advance...Also, I apologize for the horrible grammar, but it is 3 AM and I'm quite perturbed.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP!!!

That is the biggest PITA. Given the year of the car and the years of build up it is going to be ab chore. I used a air hammer with a chisel on the end go straight in at it. That did it for me

Old 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP!!!

My pinch bolt was also frozen, had to actually drill the length or it to get it out, not an easy chore as I had to be careful not to go off center and damage the sides.MYair hammer would not budge it! GOOD LUCK BENG