Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Intermitent ABS /Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear
Default HELP! Intermitent ABS /Brake Light

I have a 1999 a6 that is about to drive me nuts- I have an check engine light has come on for about a year and the dealership says with the code it is giving they can't fix it till it breaks completly because it is a secondary air error 0411 and I'm also getting a 0441 EVAP emission control purge.....ANY IDEAS?? WELL....my newest issue is the ABS/brake light is coming on and off and I have NO idea what to do or what it could be. I am really hoping someone can help. I'm all ears to any suggestions. Thanks so much for any help

Old 05-13-2007, 11:03 PM
SSn
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP! Intermitent ABS /Brake Light

ORIGINAL: rink2rink
and I'm also getting a 0441 EVAP emission control purge.....ANY IDEAS??
I think I had this one, it's bad purge valve =)
Dealer is jerking with you, BS, they don't have to wait for things to go south completely to fix it.

As for the brake light, don't know, mine started to come on too resently,.. [&:]

edit: use search for your codes and ABS... I've read something about abs module fix we might need to do.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

thanks- I will check into the purge valve...I was begining to think the abs light issue was a wheel bearing from some posts...but the more searching I do the more confused and worried I am. UGH!!!

Old 05-13-2007, 11:15 PM
SSn
1st Gear

I did not really went into fixing my abs yet, because I'm using different car, but first thing I'm going to check is abs sensors at wheels (to make sure connection is good. Then I'll look around the abs module itlsef.
It should have nothing to do with wheel bearings

Old 05-13-2007, 11:22 PM
1st Gear

where are the abs sensors located? I thought from what I had read they were part of the wheel bearings

Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 AM
SSn
1st Gear

No.. ABS sensor is one of the ellectrical plugs mounter on the strun (in the front) there is two plugs I think, one of those is abs.

abs can turn off brakes on one or more wheels while stopping the car, it has no idea if you have a bad bearing or not =)