Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help my windows are POSSESSED!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 04:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Help my windows are POSSESSED!

My windows go up and down on their own.. f*#king bizzare! cant park it and its freezing out!

I tried a bunch of stuff and couldn't get them to go back up, after they would go down on their own. The only thing that worked (if anyone else has this problem oneday) I took a screw driver and popped off the door switches... then closed the windows with the key from the driver door. I'm also told to just get the windows up, then remove the fuse. (comments thoughts?)

So, I've read EVERYWHERE that this is a common problem... anyone else experience this issue? how was it resolved? know a DYI webpage?

I went to Bruno's in Middle Village Queens this morning, and one of the mechanics suggested that i might be the window control module conveniently located below the driver footwell... as it turns out, during all of my of my spirited blizzard driving I brought in a TON of water from going in and out of the car. I have the winter Monster mats, but no difference.. my foot well is still soaked. (i checked behind the battery and its fine... it really IS because of the sheer amount of water I brought in with my boots) Im not sure how to access the module, anyone know where i can find some pictures?? or a DYI?

also... putting electric components below the foot well? sound's like some pretty lousy engineering if you ask me... am i wrong? Is this common?

Shout~!

Old 12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
3rd Gear

Although I did not have water in my footwell, I had a similar issue with my left rear window. It would go down on its own and etc. When I used the rear window lockout feature from the driver's switch, it stopped going down on its own.

So I popped the rear window switch open and turned out that there was significant amount of water at the switch itself. I dried out the switch over a heater vent on a long drive and it was fine after that.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:56 AM
1st Gear

Hell, I'd almost welcome that problem. Mine is a roof that will open on its own. Going down the road, will feel a draft, crank the switch one way, back, it closes.

That is OK, but I didn't see it one night, got in the next AM, backed out of the drive and water poured out of the slide back panel for the moon roof.

Ain't these cars fun? And they ain't as bad as some others, when you consider they are way more sophisticated than most any other car out there. I recall that my '85 5000 had 4 seat memories when the Japanese cars started offering TWO seat memories, you might recall, with the Jeckyll and Hyde ads.

BFD. I think they experiment with these cars, perfect them, then sell the patented idea to all the other luxury and not so luxurious car makers.

I think most of these problems are covered under warranty for yea many years. I don't know how old your 2.7 is. My newest is 12 years old. I don't expect them to cover anything on it.

Cheers,

George