Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please! havent driven my car in forever

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:15 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation help please! havent driven my car in forever

yes, I have been reduced to one of those begging for help. anyways ive got a few problems:

1. I replaced the front crankshaft flange/oil pump housing which came with an oil seal on it and I got the gaskets for it as well. But oil started leaking from the seal, and so I went back in, redid the bottom chemical gasket and retorqued all the bolts. But am I supposed to still use a crank seal installer even if it was already, from what I could tell, installed on the flange.

2. While trying to change out cam chain tensioner gaskets, I so wisdomly decided to push down on the tensioner decently hard since I don't have the cam tensioner tool (and does anyone know how to make a homemade version?) for it and I wanted to see what would happen, could this mess any thing up?

3. When undoing a bolt holding on the cam gear with the cam lock bar on, the left hand side (when looking at the engine from the front) I had to push really hard to get the bolt of and the thing that holds the cam lock bar in place CHIPPED a little bit of the camshaft on the end, it is quite small, however its still kinda freaking me out.

4. Last question, how can I know for sure that the timing is 100% correct?

THANKYOU for any help as ive had sooo much ridiculous trouble with this car and i still havent gotten to drive it since my K04 install because my freaking waterpump decided to go. sorry for all of the questions. once again THANKS for ANY help!