Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help! weird power window problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:27 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation help! weird power window problem

ok i have a 2002 audi a6 3.0
first you should know about a week before the problem started i left my windows down one night and it rained so lets go from there
on my drivers side front door window it will auto down fine but then when you try to roll up it goes extremely slow and wont go all the way up, i had to help it up so it would close, just so i could get my window shut
it will also start to go up(very slowly) then reverse and go back down, it also sounds like theres sand in there but i took the door panel off and lubed everything and blew everything out and theres nothing off track or anything in there scrapping it so im wondering would this be a motor problem or an electrical issue, is there a little relay that could have got wet and is malfunctioning?
now thats the issue with my drivers side front my two back door windows dont have the auto function work and they seem kinda slow
so im wondering what did this rain do to my window electrical system
ANY IDEAS WILL HELP GREATLY
thanks

Old 07-11-2009, 06:51 PM
3rd Gear

I had a similar issue with my A6 about a year ago where my left rear window was rolling down on its own and doing weird stuff. I took apart the window switch and there was water in it. I dried it over a heater vent over night and the problem went away. So with yours, I suspect the master driver switch. Just take it out, dry it and see what happens.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 PM
3rd Gear

The fuses are protected.
You'll have to constantly spray water around the panel cover's edges to increase the chances of water getting in there. Even then, I doubt water would sip in.
If that was the case you'd have had a ton of other electrical problems, not just the windows.
*the relays are out of discussion since the location is either under the hood, or/and under the dashboard; there's no way water would have gotten to them via an open window.

I would second Gaser's opinion, especially since you took the door panel off and everything looks to be on its tracks (cable on the plastic guides). The chances of 3 motors going bad at the same time is very slim. Plus, the water couldn't have gotten to the back doors, could have?

Old 07-12-2009, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

ill def check that out n see if theres traces of water left or anything, but water could have slipped into the back door since all my windows were down and my front window is the only one doing the reversing by itself and the other 2 windows are just making weird noises or just not having the auto function work, thanks for the ideas if anyone else has anything shoot it out