Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! With windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:17 PM
1st Gear
Default HELP! With windows

Ok so its winter storming quite a bit outside and the windows just randomly decide to go down. Never has this happend before. Just out of nowhere I look outside and all my windows are down. The alarm also does not want to turn off. So finnaly I just unplugged the battery. Also my switchblade with new batteries was not doing anything to turn the alarm off or anything. Please help I want to drive the car but cant due to the fact that my windows randomly will go down.

What causes them to randomly just do that? Just go down for no apperant reason.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Default RE: HELP! With windows

This is a common problem it started on my car last year I just figuired the window was huanted but after further review I notice the trak the window follows had worn down. You can find the window part at shokan. It is easy to replace if your somewhat methotical. You need two people to make sure your window stays in place, if you decide to take it some where get some quotes and take it to a independent shop it should be no more than two hours because thats all it took me and I'm an ameteur. I'm sure you can find a walk through some were. Oh and what causes it to go up and down is a sensor that is thrown of by the untracked window.

Jason

Old 11-30-2006, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

I already did that...before. But whats happening is I am sitting in my house, the windows are all rolled up and boom they are all down for no reason when I look out the window. And its doing it at the worst time, considering were getting 10 inches of snow. And I have a bit of it inside now.

But, since I took the battery out I think the problem will be solved till it gets nicer and I can mess with it.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

It's possible to change a VAG COM setting so that all the windows will roll down if you hold down the "unlock" button on your remote. If you or somebody made that change, it could be that you've got a malfunctioning remote. Or, maybe it's in somebody's pocket being triggered.