Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation/spark problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Hesitation/spark problem

So not to long ago my car has developed this problem. Car is 2000 a6 2.8 with 82k miles on the clock, plugs are new, and i recently swaped coils out of a 2.8 with 30k miles with 12k mega ohms of resistance, as opposed to mine which read only 1.5k mega ohms. Plugs are still old but are within the normal specs. 4-8k mine are reading 5.1k ohms.

So heres the problem, if in tip mode, after it shifts to second, car will hesitate a bit around 2300 rpm, it will go up, car will not shake shudder or anything no bucks etc. then will continue on. While on the hwy if i give it 70% throttle revs will climb but feel like its hitting a fuel cut around 3k or 4k sometimes it will bounce there for a while then continue to climb, after changing the coils the revs climbed up to 4k then went down to 3800 and went back up immediately.

I put an ignition scope on it two weeks ago and all cylinders were firing at 6 kila volts. I put the scope on again this week and it was all varying, cyl #2 was lowest putting out 4kv volts. It seems to just keep getting worse over time and i'm kinda stumped at what it could be. At high rpm the car drives fine. If I give it WOT there really is no hesitation at all, it just shifts down and goes to higher rpm. I have recal the TB no codes or anything.

Any input would be much appreciated thanks guys.