General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

stange hesitation problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:32 PM
ved
1st Gear
Default stange hesitation problem

hello,
thank you in adavace for any helpful advice with my problem, i have a 2004 audi a4 3.0, i have had it for a year with no issues what so ever, lately i have been having a strange hesitation issue (i guess that would be the best way to describe it), i will be driving and for reasons unknown to me it is as if the engine is so longer responding to the pedel, it does not act as if it is going to die, at best it looses rpm, this last for a second or two and then it picks right back up. the car has never stalled on me when this is happening but i fear that if not solved soon it may leave me stranded.

so far i have had the codes read and i have a random misfire on cylinders 2&5, the car never runs rough and i was aware of this issue when i bought the car, the mil only comes on when it is cold out side (below freezing), also when i pulled the codes i got an evap code p0441, i cleared all of these codes a week ago today the problem occured again and the only code i had was random misfire on cyclinder 2 ( i atribute this code to the cold weather) however i am very confused as to what is causing the hesitation problem, i am reaching out on this forum in hopes that someone has had a similar experience and can shed some light on what the issue may be.

thank you
brandon