Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey guys, getting 00 A6 quattro

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:03 AM
1st Gear
Default Hey guys, getting 00 A6 quattro

Sooo hey guys, im new and ill be sticking around here

so my boss is selling his 2000 audi A6 2.8 Quattro.

It has 95,000 miles on it but hes selling it for 8,000

Is it a good deal? wat do you think?

Also a while ago I had a 1999 Audi A4 and it had so many problems by the time it reached 100,000 miles like everything kept on breaking. Are 2000 A6 reliable from your experiences?

I also have some more questions like

1. Can I get window tints for it and were?
2. Do you think its a good idea to put verticle doors on it since its a 4 door car?

o ye also how long do you think audi a6s will last in terms of miles on average?

****EDIT****

Ok so im an 18 yo kid that goes to highschool

my brother is telling me its not a good idea to buy a luxury car wiht 95,000 miles on it especially an Audi cuz he says thats when all the bad stuff starts happening like changing the timing belt which he said costs like 1,600 and all kinds of other stuff, so he basically said if I want to buy it then im going to need to spend an estimate of about 1,200 a year to maintain it.

he speaks about it because an 1999 Audi A4 was his first luxury car he got, then he got a porsche. now he also got a Bmw 745 so i listen to him

but i would also like to here from u audi A6 owners on this. what do you think is my brother right?

Old 12-07-2006, 01:11 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Hey guys, getting 00 A6 quattro

That is a lot of miles for that car but if it has been well maintained, you should be ok and the price sounds ok. If your boss has treated her right and serviced regularly, it should be fine. You can get it tinted anywhere in your area. Just look around for some reputable places. What kind of vertical doors are you talking about? If your talking about lambo style doors, that would look terrible. You don't want to rice out an Audi. Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Old 12-07-2006, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

you shoulda said welcome back not welcome

well anyway, ye so I dont have to like actually replace the windows with new ones? They just like tint them (does that mean like they paint over it and how much is it?)

ye i was talking about lambo doors, why are there different kinds of verticle doors?

Old 12-07-2006, 01:30 AM
3rd Gear

Didn't even see your past posts. Sorry about that. They just tint the stock glass. It's just a sheet of tint that they stick on. Have you never had a car tinted before?? Also, please don't try to put lambo doors on a 4 door A6.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

haha ok i wont

but anyway so how much does the tint cost?

Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 AM
2nd Gear

Cost of tinting will vary depending on who's doing it. Anywhere from 250-400 (or so). STRONGLY suggest you query the appropriate regional forum here and on www.audiworld.com to find out who does the BEST job tinting in your area. A poor tint job is a huge headache. Good luck.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:37 AM
1st Gear

Ok so im an 18 yo kid that goes to highschool

my brother is telling me its not a good idea to buy a luxury car wiht 95,000 miles on it especially an Audi cuz he says thats when all the bad stuff starts happening like changing the timing belt which he said costs like 1,600 and all kinds of other stuff, so he basically said if I want to buy it then im going to need to spend an estimate of about 1,200 a year to maintain it.

he speaks about it because an 1999 Audi A4 was his first luxury car he got, then he got a porsche. now he also got a Bmw 745 so i listen to him

but i would also like to here from u audi A6 owners on this. what do you think is my brother right?

Old 12-08-2006, 03:56 AM
2nd Gear

Your broter is right. If you can't see eating at least a grand in year a maintenance (on average), then this might not be the right car for you. I was 43 before I owned my first Audi, so be patient -- your time will come.

Good luck.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:42 AM
1st Gear

18 years old and you are looking at purchasing an A6!!!!!!!! Don't wanna rain on your parade or anything, but at 18, the option of buying such a vehicle would not have even entered into my mind......it's a large family limousine type vehicle......mmmmm I suppose you could load a couple of honey's in though.

If I were you I would not touch the car, as I am sure it does not still have a motor plan, so if anything goes wrong it's gonna cost a lot of $$$$

But hey each to his own, my 2c worth.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear

Your hearts in the right place but your pocket book isnt. These cars are expensive to purchase and maintain. You dont want to get into something that will strap you. I know how ya feel. We were all 18 at one point. I bought a brand new rig when I was 19 and it was stupid becasue everything I had went into it. Get a fun reliable ride that is decent so it will ast you through college etc. Once your financially established, then start looking again. At 18 you should have more fun spending dough on movies and dinner with hotties, and going boarding with your buddies etc then spending all your extra dough on a car. Keep it real man!!

Quick Reply: Hey guys, getting 00 A6 quattro