Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey guys, getting 00 A6 quattro

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:18 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Hey guys, getting 00 A6 quattro

That is exactly the same car I bought when I was 16 (from my parents) I ran into huge problems. I had to do a dealer trip (Towed) and then delt with private guys on it. We spent around $7,000 on the car between 89k mi and 112k mi. Although I heard that was way high for that car. you have to be prepared to shell out money to protect you car. If you really feel you want it, you can get it, just be prepared to pay up. If you love the cars, go for it. I sold my old A6 this past summer and used the money for my down payment on my new 2001 A6 2.7T. But I love these cars I just dont really mind shelling out money. And I work in an Audi garage. Dude, if you love it, do it. You could get lucky. my new A6 I have had from 72,000 mi to now at 87k mi and I have only bought oil and rear brake pads.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear

Oh and dude, don't just jump in the first Audi you see. there are tons out there maybe wait until you find one that makes sense. I know the position your in I'll be 18 in February, you want a cool car. maybe look at A4's as well?

Old 12-09-2006, 01:29 AM
3rd Gear

Vertical doors?(I wont even give a response to that). Tints? Just go to a ziebart(if you have those around you) or any small auto shop. But yeah though it is usually around 200+
I am just turning 22 and purchased my A4 last april. I love everyting about the car. Sure there are little things here and there that break on you, but as long as you are semi-intelligent, you can fix many things yourself for cheap.... 8,000 for a 2.8 A6 sounds pretty decent for the miles!(he is your boss and i'm assuming he will have records of service or at least will not screw you over) when i was 18, I was the type to test drive a kind of car i wanted and ended up being impulsive.(basically the first car I came across, I bought). I did this a few times, and finally learned to be patient. My point is that A6's and A4's are a dime a dozen and you can surely find the perfect Audi for you. however if the A6 in question happens to be in immaculate shape, i would not hesitate to jump on that!

Old 12-09-2006, 02:01 AM
1st Gear

ok thanks for the advice, but um wat about the timing belt, im guessing im gonna have to replace it soon, how much does that cost along with the water pump thing

Old 12-10-2006, 09:42 PM
2nd Gear

I remember spending about $1200

Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 PM
1st Gear

ok so im about to buy it, anyone have anything lese to say on this

Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 AM

I purchased an 2000 A6 2.7T 3 months ago (1st AUDI) with about 97K. I paid 10K tho, so if it was maintained you got a good deal. So far I spent $1400 on service. I got the 90k recommended service (timing belt, tensioner, water pump, filters, fluids, etc) Not sure if it needed a new belt but piece of mind made me do it. I must replace my torque converter which will cost a pretty penny. Check for leaks and weird smells coming from the car, other than that if you are comfortable with the maitenance $$$... purchase and have fun with your new vehicle. Find a good mechanic if you dont do it yourself or know someone, your boss may recommend someone to you. The dealership $$$ will be INSANE!!! I have only one dealership near me and they are always overbooked so even if I wanted to... I couldnt, the closest 2 are 200+ miles in opposite directions and I'd have to drop off. Also, dont make the same mistake I did, if you have bad 'Diverter Valves' upgrade them to something like these ( http://www.stratmosphere.com/hyperboost5.htm ) do not replace with the factory platsic ones. I bought new from the dealer. The factory cost almost the same with less performance. I retrofitted an Audi Navigation system ( RNS-E from www.navplus.us ) which gave me MP3 fuctionality and navigation without having a system that anyone could steal and put in their vehicle or having to do all the BOSE system removal crap or hard wirirng. I added (2) 12" subs and a 1600 watt amp (SICK SOUND) instructions in the 'do it yourself' section posted by REDGOAT (thanks), BTW which radio does it have?? They're issues you may have to deal with if you like your music loud or plan to upgrade.

As for the Lambo doors on the A6, do what you want to do. Dont let anyone sway you. Part of hooking up your car is making it YOUR own. Alot of older people dont like doing much more than perfomance mods and are out of touch with styling mods. So if you want to do it... DO IT!!! Just make sure you have enough cash to maintain your ride mechanically. But I would personally not LAMBO out the front doors. My style would be more like putting suicides on the back. I know not much fun for the driver but I think it would look smoother than Lambos. But I stress, Stack money and hook it up at a pace you can handle. There will be alot of things you wanna get for it, but you dont want it looking sexy stuck in your driveway next year this time. Good Luck

Old 12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

that was an interesting reply, Devastata_A6

also is a 2.7T better than a 2.8 and is it more expensive? I am thinking the 2.7T is turbo charged, but how come there are no 2.8T and isnt a 2.8 better than 2.7?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
2nd Gear

Hey Fallout(boy) -
I would suggest you take the advice that us posters ( all Audi fans ) are giving you.
Unless you have beaucoup bucks for REGULAR repairs, you should take a pass on this one and get yourself a Honda, Toyota, or a Ford or sumptin' as your first car.

I purchased a 2000 A6 Avant in 2004. It had 68K on it when I bought it. I had to:
Strip interior & dry due to clogged cowl drain - $1,100
Replace ABS computer - $1,200+
-- Would have had to replace timing belt soon - $1200+

I traded it in a few months ago..

Don't get me wrong - I LOVED driving the car, and it is my intention to one day get a S6 Avant or a All-Road, but I will not buy one without low mileage and an extended warranty.

Good Luck
Marshall

Old 12-13-2006, 03:57 AM
1st Gear

ok see the thing is that with my current job ill only be able to make like around 6 Gs, maybe 7 if i work alot, but also maybe 5 if i dont work as much.

I have to pay off about 3 thousand for the car to my parents

so with my job ill be able to make around 6g this year, then im designing a website for my brothers new company, he will pay me 1,000 for that. Then also other designing jobs for my brothers new company and the one that he has now will pay good probably.

so i think i should have enough

Ill pay the 1,000, then i will make 2,000 in about 4 or 5 months. Then i have to leave like what proably 1,000 a year for insurance and 1,000 a year for maintance just in case. And also save money up for a new car if anything

btw, lol i dont like fallout boy or dont like rock for the matter, i listen to Rap and rnb and hiphop

Quick Reply: Hey guys, getting 00 A6 quattro