Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hip Problems with Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Default Hip Problems with Audi A6

Hi I am interested in understanding if anybody has had problems with the seats in the A6 SE model. I had a previous model A6 (2003) and it was excellent. I got a new company car in AUgust alst year and have been getting pain in my hip since December, the only thing in my life that has changed is the Audi. I cover a lot of miles about 30,000 per year, so am used to driving distance. But this new car seems to have less padding in the bas of the seat and it seems to put pressure on the right side of my hip, leading to quite intense pain recently.

Has anybody heard of this?

NB - I am 6ft 4in tall, about 16stone (or 224lbs) but athletic build, not overweight.

Any comments or suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Justin.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Hip Problems with Audi A6

I had a similar issue when I first got my A6. I am also 6-4 but weigh a bit less than you. Anyways, lifting the front of the seat (thigh support) and tilting the whole seat back helped. Also I raised the lumbar support so that it was in mid to lower back area instead of hip helped a lot.

My father once had a car where he really couldn't adjust the seat that much. He ended up trading the car in after a month of use. I guess it is one of those rare things that happen, but something that you really can't blame the manufacturer for.

Also if you really like the car, or must keep the car, you can take it to an upholster and have them refoam the seat. But it is not cheap.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 AM
1st Gear

I'm 6'4" as well and weigh a bit more than the op. I have a 2004, but I had the same right hip pain when I first got the car. I tend to make my gut reaction on getting into any car to put the seat all the way down and all the way back and then go from there.

What I found is that when the seat was all the way down it was too low and my knees were sitting at a very uncomfortable angle that put pressure on my hip. I found that raising the seat up a little (maybe 1/2") instantly relieved the pain and pressure. Then all I had to do was play with the tilt to get some of the head room back.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:23 PM

Hi All,

Many thanks for your feedback and experience. I have taken w eek out of the car and am planning to spend the next week driving another car my employer has sourced for me (the pain has been that intense!). I will try altering the seat height, although this does affect my headroom whichthen creates problems with my neck, sounds daft but is true.
Unfortunatley the SE model I drive has noe lumber support, so there is no option to change the seating support.

Thanks again. I will up date when/if I can resolve this problem.

Justin.

PS - Any other feedback very welcome.