Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Default HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Driving to work today in my 02 A6 about thirty miles into my drive andI pull up to a stop light.Smoke starts filling the inside of my car throughthe vents, now there is a recall for some kind of wiring harness throughout the lights. Does anyone think that this is the result of the wiring harness that was recalled? Im puzzled and pissed I just bought this thing.[:@]
thanks for the info.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!

You should be able to speak to an Audi dealership and ask for a list of any work done on your VIN...... do not tell them why you are asking (say your thinking of buyinga used Audi). This should tell you all the work that has been done by an Audi autherized repair center.
The reason I say not to state why you are asking for the list of repairs is from several of my past experiences.I hada VW, and a dealer if a certain recall had already been done on my car, and the basturds said it had..... it was not until years later that I found out they had entered a repair of the recall I was calling in about that day!!!!!!(they did the same for at least one other recall)Since any and all work done on repairs is money out of Audi's/VW's pocket they are reluctant to work on them unless they have to...... if you go in there blindly asking if such and such recall has been done........ they will try to take advantage of you lack of history knowledge with your car and tell you what you want to hear..... and that is that the recall has been done, and next time you are in for that issue for which there was a recall on..... you will be paying out of your pocket.