Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to access the front turn indicator bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
1st Gear
Default How to access the front turn indicator bulbs

For a 2000 A6 2.7t quattro. Got a right front blinker out and need to know how to access the bulb.

I hope it is as easy as removing the fender liner. Of course the manual was absolutely no help

Educate me please.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Gretch
For a 2000 A6 2.7t quattro. Got a right front blinker out and need to know how to access the bulb.

I hope it is as easy as removing the fender liner. Of course the manual was absolutely no help

Educate me please.

Pull up that middle part of the air intake duct right behind the headlight, then remove the back of the headlight cover (black and has a clip holding it on) then you should have access to pull out the turn signal bulb/holder

Old 06-04-2011, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by OGBULLYLOCDAWG

Pull up that middle part of the air intake duct right behind the headlight, then remove the back of the headlight cover (black and has a clip holding it on) then you should have access to pull out the turn signal bulb/holder
Come on guys........ nobody here knows how to get to that bulb? I need more than a guess here!

Is this not the right audi forum to get real technical advice? or is there another one?

The best way is to go into the wheelwell and undo the liner. You need a torx driver for the screws but its pretty easy. Once the wheelwell liner is loose you can reach the turn signal bulb holder. Turn it to remove it, pull it out and replace the bulb. Then reach it back in and gently twist it back into place.

Replace 1999 Audi A6 Front Turn Signal - Easier Way
I spent hours trying to figure this out and wanted to share my solution as it is different (and easier) from the answer above.
To replace the right front turn bulb, open the car's hood and remove the air duct on your left. Simply pull up on it and it will pull out. Then remove the covers for the headlights to give you a little more room. You will need to have very small hands to reach the turn signal bulb. My husbands' hand did not fit in there, but mine fit fine, with a little maneuvering. Perhaps you could use some pliers to pull it out with if you don't have small hands. Just feel around where it looks like the back of the amber turn signal would be, and you will feel a squarish piece. Pull on it gently and make sure it wiggles the light you are trying to get at. If so, pull it out all the way and up as far as the wires will let you, without straining the wires too far. Mine came up to about where the covers would be for the headlights. Pull the bulb out and replace with a new one, then reverse the procedure to put it back in place.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...#ixzz1OKRo7YWg

That was real hard.........

Last edited by Gretch; 06-04-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Gretch
Come on guys........ nobody here knows how to get to that bulb? I need more than a guess here!

Is this not the right audi forum to get real technical advice? or is there another one?