Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my window is possessed.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:10 PM
1st Gear
Default I think my window is possessed.

I am having this issue with my 2004 A6 Quattro 3.0 ... It started last night in a snow storm and did it again today. After 5-10 minutes of driving, my front passenger window will roll itself down. I can't roll it back up after it rolls itself down. Today, I turned off the car, removed the key, and was able to roll the window back up. As soon as I opened the driver side door, it rolled back down.
I left the window down and exited the car. Came back 20 minutes later to see that the window had ROLLED ITSELF back up... I then turned on the car and it rolled itself back down. I had to wait until I turned the car back off and the window rolled back up just fine.

What could be the problem? I tried to search and can't find anything or any methods on how to fix it. PLEASE HELP!!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

Check switch for water ingress or spilt drink on it etc?? Also the drivers master switch can play up over time giving you strange window actions.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Thanks!!

Strange actions would be an understatement. LOL... I do know that the driver side door got hit by an errant snowball last night so maybe that did it.. What can I do to dry it?

Old 12-29-2012, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

Best thing to do is take it out of the door and dry it indoors on a heater/radiator overnight then refit. If its got some condensation inside then it might be doing it...

Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM
1st Gear

I did try and post a similar issue but couldn't see how to!

My rear drivers side window started going down last week. Just after starting the car the window went down. The car had snow on it at the time. I cleared the snow out of the back seat and put the window back up only for it to go back down 5 seconds later. It went back up again. 2 days later while driving to work it went down and stayed down. Once parked at work it eventually went back up. Was on nightshift so during the night i removed the front door switch think that would disable it. Started the car in the morning with the switch lying on the passenger seat and down went the window. Refitted the switch but this time could not get it to go up. Drove 35miles home with the window down.
When i got up in the afternoon i tried again and the window went up. Next i unplugged the rear switch and the plug to the motor. The plug on the switch was damp and corroded. Also the motor was wet too.

A couple of days later when it was dry and i had time i cleaned and blew out the door switch. I gave the connector a clean too and the motor plug. When i refitted it everything worked fine. Next day (today) it went down again. The harness cable is also damp. Obviously i need to dry it all off but why is it getting wet?

Should there be a cover to allow water to pass through the seal on the outside of the car into the door without it reaching the motor?

Davie

Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

My passenger door was also doing this last week when it snowed. I had somehow got water in the door. ( how, I do not know ) I took my finances hair dryer to work got my car in a garage and had blown dried the whole inside. No problem with it since.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

Should there be a cover to allow water to pass through the seal on the outside of the car into the door without it reaching the motor?

Davie

Old 02-13-2013, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

i have had a similar problem with my windows both drivers and passenger side, after i have been driving switched engine off took key out and windows went down and when i lock the car by pressing the button they both go down again.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM
1st Gear

That sounds more like a fob issue rather than dampness in the switch. Still doesn't answer my question about a cover.