Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought my A6, did this the day after.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Just bought my A6, did this the day after.

1999 a6. Wasn't used to how low this car is, pulled into my parking spot too far, got hooked on the curb, when I backed out it ripped out the right side. i have it hanging with wires right now to make it driveable. I can't seem to even push the bumper back in though? It just won't budge, it needs to tuck under the headlight and go back but as hard as I push it won't go back. any ideas?

Car has recon title, and prob already had front end damage, because the screws used to hold the bumper on definitely werent factor. I just can't get the bumper to line back up with the car, if I could i'd just throw some screws in it or something.

Name:  WBfcesTl.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  72.5 KB

jjRDV8Cl.jpg?1

7wqs861l.jpg?1?5093

Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

Ouch...

Maybe it's hitting on the passenger side bumper shock? It slides into a little gap/pocket on the backside of the bumper.

EDIT: Then again.. it seems likely that may have snapped. Damn.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 09-01-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:14 AM
2nd Gear

Oh wow, that's pretty mangled. Sorry to hear.

Most likely the bumper came off of the T-bar supports that are mounted to the subframe or it's actually bent depending on how much force was applied. You're going to have a hell of a time bending it back if that's what happened. See this image for what the support looks like to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about and what it could possibly be. You might be able to peek inside behind the cover and see if the bolt going through the support is bent.

My advice would be to pull that and put a new one on. That will most likely never sit right anymore based on how bad the hooks and mounting points look on the right side. You can probably take off the front bumper cover within about 5/10 minutes if you're experienced, and about a half an hour if it's your first time.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

^The bumper shock(s)

^Location

EDIT: Just saw your post, Nebuchadnezzar. I think we're assuming the same thing. Might as well pull the bumper and assess the damage properly.
You can follow that video up until around the 3:00min mark to help you remove the bumper.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 09-01-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys looks like ill just be pulling the bumper today and figure out what's really going on, eventually ill end up purchasing a new one since part of it got ripped anyways. Jut not an expense I can shell out for at the moment. So gonna try an line it up the best I can and secure it so it at least sits flush with the car.

I like these forums, thanks for the help everyone.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

Haha, so I got it fixed, went to lower the car down off the jack supports. Put the jack up onto the oil pan and turns out it was broke and sealed with something, cracked the pan dropped a bunch of oil, car isn't even drive able now. Getting something now to try an patch it

Old 09-01-2013, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by JonnyBoyce
Haha, so I got it fixed, went to lower the car down off the jack supports. Put the jack up onto the oil pan and turns out it was broke and sealed with something, cracked the pan dropped a bunch of oil, car isn't even drive able now. Getting something now to try an patch it
Ouch.. again!

When jacking up the front, I usually place the Hydraulic Jack on the silver plate with the bump on it. I push the jack under the car from an angle to leave enough room for me to place the jack stands on the factory jack/pinch weld spot:

Used oil pans aren't priced bad though. Rough start, bruh lol.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 09-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

Haha thanks man, ill jack it up from there next time. Almost all the oil is drained I'm just going to jb weld the crack for now so I can get to work all week, then fix it when I get paid on Thursday.

Learned a lesson the hard way