Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kusoz HID install

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Default kusoz HID install

Ok, so I got my HID over the weekend, and installed them. Now... heres my dilema... Everything was installed perfectly fine. The lights are brighter than my stock lights, but no where near as bright as I feel they should be. I ended up ordering he 6000k lights on accident, I actually wanted the 4300k... but with all that aside, I still can't figure out why I am not getting as much light as I thought I would, I've seen other HID kits that are outrageiously bright with the 6000k. What brand they are, I have no idea.

Anyone have any idea on why? I mean, I am getting the same light out of these HID kits, that I would if I put a set of Silverstars in, and those were 75$ cheaper.

2000 A6 (with Halogen Projectors)

By the way, anyone know of anyone who is selling new headlights for cheap money? I need new lenses bad, that might be a reason but even at that, they lenses are not that bad. I don't wanna spend 350$ a headlight either... Please email me @ Kingbenelli@yahoo.com if anyone knows someone, or has something to sell. Peace out everyone.

-King

Old 08-11-2008, 12:20 PM
2nd Gear

One thing I can think of is that the HID capsules have a thicker base than the halogen bulbs, and it is possible that you did not seat the lamp base all the way in the holder.
HID will output about 3 times the amount of light emitted by halogen, so there is definitely something wrong with your scenario.
You did buy a real HID kit, with ballasts and igniters, didn't you? Just wanted to make sure you didn't get a so-called Xenon on eBay, which is just a halogen with some xenon gas in the bulb, but not the real deal.
My A6 also has badly yellowed headlights...

Old 08-11-2008, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

no true about the 3x brighter, well it is, but it does not apply most of the time.
See sounds like you have the symptoms of a cheap HID kit. I've bought many kits, I even sell retail www.ealights.com, not that I'm trying to plug my site :-P. $129.99 for an HID kit is the price for a "Decent Kit" don't be fooled however by people that sell $400 kits either. Your best bet is to go with McCholluch (sp?) or MTEC, they are price but offer great quality and brightness, also you can get 55wat HID's if you want to stick with cheaper lights.

I had the STOCK HALOGENS that were brighter then MANY OF THE KITS I BOUGHT AND OR SOLD. Finally when I get Authentic MTEC's (399.99) this solved the problem.
You can find them on eBay but like I said be aware and make sure you get authentics, yes people may fake ones because they are so good!