Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW Suspension Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 PM
1st Gear
Default KW Suspension Adjustment

I purchased and had installed a KW Variant 2 adjustable coilover suspension a few months ago with the lure of height as well as rebound adjustability. I have tinkered with the height numerous times myself and that is great and all. When it was installed, the guys said that you can adjust the height with the wrench yourself but you can't change the rebound (Without dismantling the whole thing). The question I am posing/posting is- Has anyone installed a suspension like this and can confirm or deny this thinking? I beleive the rebound adjustment is on top of the strut and may be difficult (nay, impossible...) to access without dismantling due to wheel wells and such. Is there a solution for easier adjustment as I will assume taking down the suspension to access is beyond my limited skill with a wrench. They said they set the rebound on the loosest setting (for comfort) but when I lower the car significantly the suspension gets all loopy (zero G over bumps...) and borderline unsafe. Right now it is probably between slammed and stock and still surprisingly comfortable over bumps while handling good. Obviously, "well enough" needs company and I want to try different setups... I did mention "impossible" before, any takers...?