Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Default Looking for advice

Had my '08 A6 since 1/3/09 and had all kinds of problems ever since. There were so many that I had to visit my dealer almost every month. Here're just several not-so-minor issues:

1. Engine misfiring P0302/P0303. First noticed the rough idle at cold start in Sep. Back then there was a TSB without fix so they gave me some fuel additives. In Oct at 15k service they fixed it with an ECM reflash. It was somehow better for a while but after one month the rough idle came back. Asked for re-check and was told nothing wrong. Two weeks ago MIL light came on and they reflash the firmware again claiming it's detecting a non-existing misfiring. Too bad the MIL light once again came on with the same code just 3 days ago. To make it even worse, all they did was to reset the code and give me another fuel additives. Of course they advised me to switch to Shell (I use Gulf 90% of time for the convenience and lower cost) but that's simply unacceptable to me at this point. At last visit I also met a nice lady who had exactly the same problem and failed the inspection at very first year!

2. Squeaking noise from brake. The noise was noticed in the first 10-15 days of my ownership. First they claimed it's very normal and then tried to adjust it/resurface the rotor. For one time they even wanted to charge me as brake is consider a worn item. The noise then is gone when temperature went up (40F+ degree). Unfortunately it came back at winter time. Of course they told me it's normal and there's nothing they can do about it.

3. Extra oil consumption. Oil level warning light went off between service intervals and guess what? It's normal according to Audi. I don't know how they define normal but I never had this problem with all my other cars!

Oh, did I forget to mention all the rattling sound from console/door, missing clipper on the door wood panel, worn-out bulb and a bunch of other things I even don't remember?

I bought the car as new and it's within the first year. Unfortunately it has 17k miles on it now so lemon law probably doesn't apply. Looking for advice from you guys how to deal with Audi.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
2nd Gear

The lemon law still applies if you have to go back to the dealer for the same issue several times and are still experiencing problems.
Since the lemon law changes by states I would check with the state attorney general's office and see what my rights are.
You may qualify for a buy back...

Old 12-18-2009, 12:54 PM
4th Gear

Call AoA directly and ask for someone to come down and talk to you about a resolution.. obviously the dealer is trying to push it off..

Old 12-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Call AoA directly and ask for someone to come down and talk to you about a resolution.. obviously the dealer is trying to push it off..
Called them already and apparently they are relying on dealer for all the services anyway. Right now it's more like Audi has no fix for these problems and dealer is simply following the protocol set by Audi.