Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low beams messed up

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
1st Gear
Default low beams messed up

okay i have the auto leveling headlights and i have a couple problems. first off my low beams are pointing to down, and some times one of the low beams is a little longer then the other. I looked under the hood and saw that there are manual adjustments for the headlights also( the white plastic screws). So show i adjust hem myself if they are two low, and why does one sometimes is longer then the other? I know the motors work because sometimes when i turn on my car is see both of them go up and down together. So give me some hints on how to fix this problem please.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: low beams messed up

the driver side light should point a little higher. It is that way on most cars.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

Thats simply how the cars are designed. The right passenger side headlamp is longer than the left as to not blind on coming traffic and to light up roadway signs. You could adjust them higher but you would loose some downward viewing and possibly dazzle or blind other drivers if they are set too high.

To fix this on my car I simply adjusted the fog lights (since most of us use them when it is not foggy out anyway) a bit higher than the low beams. Since they are low mounted projectors on the bottom of the car it gives me a few more feet of light but it does not actually go as far as the headlamps do so when I pull up behind someone because they are mounted lower I do not blind them. Been driving with this set up for a few nights and have not been flashed by anyone, the split second I turned on my high beams because I could barely see all the pot holes coming up ahead, almost every car on the opposite side turned thiers on or flashed me.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:01 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TopGUn86

the driver side light should point a little higher. It is that way on most cars.
In europe or anywhere else the car is driven on the left side of the road yes the driver side's light is pointed higher. Although here in the U.S. we drive on the right side of the road so the right beam is aimed slightly higher