Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfire on even side of motor, 2.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Misfire on even side of motor, 2.7

I had my tune done yesterday and I had a misfire on the even side of motor, 2/4/6.

Its not bad and not bad enough to set off the light. Car drives perfect although I do get a slight shake at idle that I think may be related to mounts and not the engine itself.

The shop checked swapped the coil pack thingie...I forgot the name, its an amplifier of some sort and it stayed on the even side of the motor. Tech suggested O2 sensor.

I do get a odd feeling of hestitation especially under boost in 6th gear. Again this may be a feeling from mounts. I'll get the car in the air tomorrow night and check all the mounts.

The motor itself is fine, it was leaked down when the turbo's were swapped and its solid. Passed a pressure test no problem.

Before I go spend $200 on O2's I'd like some feedback on other things to check for. I could swap coils from side to side but I doubt 3 went bad on one side and are perfect on the other side.

My VagCom cable will be here in a day or two and I'll be able to provide more info. I was going to watch the O2's, both should be pretty close to one another.