Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Money Grubbing Vampires

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Default Money Grubbing Vampires

Okay, I'm finally convinced that Audi wants to suck every last dime out of your pocket that they can. My passenger side headlight(Xenon) went out tonight. Of course first thing I do is go to my owner's manual to see what bulb I need to replace it with, and what does it say. Basically that changing your damn bulb could be hazardous and cause injury to you so have your local Audi dealer replace your bulb for you. Are they flippin serious??? They really expect me to pay some guy $50/hr labor or whatever the hell it is to change my damn light bulb. I suppose next thing they're gonna tell me is my blinker fluid is low!!! Okay now that I'm done venting do any of you know the bulb number for the Xenon headlight on a 02 A6 2.7T? Also I've never had Xenon headlights on a vehicle before so would you suggest changing out both so one isn't brighter then the other? Not sure if this is a problem with Xenon as it is with Halogen. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:25 AM
1st Gear

Actually (and its very rare) but changing a xenon could be very dangerous.They are just taking precautions, I read my manual (standard halogens) and it does not say "goto the dealership" I did however buy aftermarket xenons and all over the box it says "WARNING HIRE CERTIFIED MECHANIC BLAH BLAH".

Imagine 55W going through you..... Bad day.

The stock Xenon is going to be expensive unless you find a good hookup (Craigslist or eBay) I live in Tampa and see people that I guess might be stealing them from the dealership -> (I've seen them as low as 20$ a pair with the ballasts, and they were OEM!) and they have a crap load so there must be something going on ;-)!

I sell Hid Xenon kits on eBay, if you are interested let me know I've got a lot for Audi's and they are not that cheap Chinese ****, they are actually German.