Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my a6 diagnosed

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:16 PM
1st Gear
Question my a6 diagnosed

so I brought my 2000 audi a6 2.7T 6 Speed to a dealership last week to get it checked out, and these are the problems that they found that im actually worried about: they said the upper oil pan may be leaking, both turbos seem to be leaking oil, my drivers side front outer CV boot tornand then they said that there is a leak in my front windshield where water is going through and causing my right rear floor to get soaked when it rains and also made my pollen filter wet and dirty. Now I was wondering what process could I do to find where the oil leaks are so that I can try and fix the leaks myself or any tips and tricks would be great, or how easy it is to replace a CV boot, and if there's any way to fix my windshield without bringing it to any auto body shop that you guys may know of. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

You'll find the answers here:

Sticky: tips and suggestions for the new 2.7t owner ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

The water leak is typical - water drainage is clogged by debris.
The positive side is: well described problem, you have manual - should not be a big deal for the TCM (under the floor).

Turbo leek - indication is an excessive oil presence in outlet intercooler hoses.

CV boot kit is $20, labor 1.5h - well described procedure on all forums and on the web.

Use Google or forums search - answers are there!

Last edited by nemohm; 04-01-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: 1
Old 04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

ok great thanks a ton!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear

If the oil pan is leaking, you should be able to fix it with jb weld if its cracked slightly, otherwise a new gasket will probably work. Don't take it to dealerships, they only want your money. Find a reputable independent and go talk to him. The only difference between dealership mechanics and qualified independents is their salary.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

nemohm you said the turbo leak indicates an excessive oil presence in the turbo outlet intercooler hoses, so basically your saying it has too much oil going to that hose? if so how would you go about fixing it? and I was thinking of doing the trick where you insert dye into your oil and us a blacklight to find where the leaks are, but would it work for the turbos too or do the turbos have there own oil resevoir that i have to insert the dye into. Thanks a bunch guys im still pretty noobish to cars but im learning.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

An usual turbo leak is an internal leak.
As you might know, turbo failure has clear indication - the sound of gone in the wind
There is only one fix - replacement=> $$$$$

A turbo replacement could easily be 80% of the value of the car.

Do yoursef a favour:
Get service manual
Get a scanner - one can get simple DTC reader for $30 or a VagCom.

Get familiarity with the car... and read, read, read!