Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Default Need help with problem.

I have just bought a Audi A6 2.4 engine. The year is 2000.

When driving its great except feels very low and have to go up humps very slower which pisses the other cars off behind me which I am sure I will get used to, the thing is I think there may be a problem somewhere at the back of the car.
When I turn corners either left or right it feels like the back end of the car is jumping, it feels like its happening where the back wheels are but I cant be quite sure. I went to park the car today and drove up to the parking very slowing but when I turned the wheel to get into the parking space I felt the car jump, like it came off the wheel and went back again, sorry if I havent explained it very well. I have had the car only 4 days and wondering if there is anything major going on with it.
It passed its mot Dec just gone so Im sure if there was anything serious the machanic would of picked it up wouldnt he.

Many thanks everyone.

Jacqui.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
2nd Gear

You are in Europe? The car is not Quattro?

Mot is ? - annual safety-mechanical inspection?

The mechanic could missed or just be on Holiday mood in December.

Jumping rear end could indicate suspension problems (shocks - struts). Do you have history of the car - collision accidents? structural integrity of the frame?

Custom suspension modes?

How much lower is in comparison with similar models?

What is the condition of the rear tires?