Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help purchasing A6.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 AM
1st Gear
Default Need help purchasing A6.

First off, thank you for putting up with another Noob...

I've never owned an Audi, and I just test drove an '00 A6 2.7T Quattro. This car has 78k on it, and has 9 months of an extended warranty left over, and the asking price is $10,900.

The car had a small dent in front of the sunroof on the roof, and can probably be pulled out fairly easily, and a small scrape mark from a garage wall on the rear bumper corner.

The driver's side front quarter panel and portion of the bumper had been replaced due to another incident with a wall or something.

The car had brand new michelins, and felt very solid. The seller told me he had had lots of turbo related items replaced under warranty, and some other stuff I didn't go into. But he has all service records and has used an Audi dealership local to here.

At any rate, what should I look for? Does this sound like a good deal? The seller was very upfront with me, and has no problem with me taking it to my own mechanic for an inspection. I love the fact there is still 9 months of warranty on it.

The only thing that caught my attention is that the gear shifting seemed a bit rough. Going into any of the gears just seemed rough. I am going to go drive other A6's to see if they feel the same, but it felt a bit more rough to shift the 6T than other manuals.

Thanks for the words of advice.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need help purchasing A6.

Great choice. The 2.7T is super solid after you get past all the maintenance that has to be done. The power upgrades are cheap just make sure you ask before you do any.

You are getting a great deal if there is still a warranty

Where are you located? That will help us tell you what dealer to go to and witch ones to stay away from. All in all it sounds great get the car and post up some pick. I am new here as well everyone is very friendly and helpfull

Old 11-09-2006, 12:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need help purchasing A6.

I am in metro Atlanta...near Marietta.

The extended warranty is through Carmax, as that is where the seller purchased the car from.