Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi owner (A6 2.4SE) - Boot wont open!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Default New Audi owner (A6 2.4SE) - Boot wont open!

Hi all,

Just purchased secondhand Audi A6 2.4 SE (1997) and although when I bought from seller it was workig ok, I can no longer open the Boot.

I bought knowing that the rear drivers side back door did not open, (either using internal lock or central locking), - that I can live with; but it seems this may be affecting the central locking in general ; as often the drivers door cannot be opened from outside either.

Using the key from the boot allows me to unlock the rest of the car , and it seems to make a clunking noise to indicate something is happening but it just wont open..

Any suggestions?

I'm also looking for a good garage that does Audi servicing in North London (I don't want to pay dealer prices!)

Thanks for any help..

Greg

Old 10-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Default RE: New Audi owner (A6 2.4SE) - Boot wont open!

could be low remote batteries or reset required

https://www.audiforums.com/searchpro...mitbutton=+OK+

Old 10-08-2006, 05:31 PM

Thanks, I don't think it's the remote, I have 2 keys both have the same problem.

The remote unlock all the other doors, just not the boot.

Also I am trying to use the physical key in the boot lock too.

What does the reset do ? Can you send a link? (could not find it on the last link)

Greg

Old 10-11-2006, 02:06 AM
1st Gear

Hi, The first thing to do is carefully read your manual and see if that gives you any info. Do not skim though it, read each sentance. If you don't have the manual, you can order one or the service desk at a dealer should let you read through one. This may sound simple, but is your rubber trim sticking. That has happened to me. That is why twice a year I wipe clean all surfaces where the rubber trim meets the metal, and use Amour All on the rubber trim.

The lock position may have two settings, verticle may be "linked to key fob" and horizontal may be "must be opened with a key". I have a 98 A6 and it has these settings. And it has one more feature that if I turn the key lock to the locked postion two times the trunk will not operate off the key fob and just say open or locked, I never really figured that one out. Some of these features are related to the Valet key, which will open the door and start the car, but not open the glove box or boot.
Is there are release latch above the license plate, if so you need to squeeze that to open the trunk.
Let us know what happens.