Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to the forums.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Default new to the forums.

hey whats going on ? this is my first post, kinda looking for some information. im the owner of a 2006 a6 fully loaded, im looking to find the new design lights an possibly fit them to my 2006 a6, also im looking for solutions for ipod integration. i have searched many parts of this site and the only options that i can find either disable my sat radio or my cd changer. i use both options fequently and dont want to loose any current functions. i also DO NOT like the fm transmitter option. thanks in advance.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:01 PM
3rd Gear

I sort of have a weary feeling about the real nature of this thread and where is exactly meant to lead to...

But here's my opinion: The FM transmitters made for IPOD are crap...
Get yourself a LATTE ESPRESSO or iVu and get rid off the Ipod proprietary bs. You get so much more for your bucks and the FM transmitter is flawless.

Or spend your money - if you have a 2006 then you surely can afford fancy/expensive toys:
http://amiretro.blogspot.com/

Old 12-24-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by chefro
I sort of have a weary feeling about the real nature of this thread and where is exactly meant to lead to...

But here's my opinion: The FM transmitters made for IPOD are crap...
Get yourself a LATTE ESPRESSO or iVu and get rid off the Ipod proprietary bs. You get so much more for your bucks and the FM transmitter is flawless.

Or spend your money - if you have a 2006 then you surely can afford fancy/expensive toys:
http://amiretro.blogspot.com/
a weary feeling? hmm im looking for a positive direction to go. where i can have full control over my ipod through the mmi, without losing any current features. ie, cd changer, xm/sirus. i use them both, and as ive read up on ipod integration you either lose the function of the cd changer or the sat radio.

im really not tryin to go with a fm receiver, i dont like the "cheap" look.

thanks for the link, i was looking at that option earlier, but with that you lose features.

Last edited by re3f; 12-24-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Site Moderator

You can't tap into the MMI without the Ipod taking the place of another system (6cd changer, SAT radio, Navigation etc.) I would take out the 6 cd changer, why would you need that when you have a but load of songs on your Ipod? Makes no sense to me why you wouldn't want to do that.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by auditech79
You can't tap into the MMI without the Ipod taking the place of another system (6cd changer, SAT radio, Navigation etc.) I would take out the 6 cd changer, why would you need that when you have a but load of songs on your Ipod? Makes no sense to me why you wouldn't want to do that.
i have a hand in music, and usually a new cd doesnt make it to the ipod, but i guess thats the way im going to have to go. i was really hopping to not lose any functions, i guess bye bye sat radio.

again thanks to all who replied.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:13 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by re3f
a weary feeling? hmm im looking for a positive direction to go. where i can have full control over my ipod through the mmi, without losing any current features. ie, cd changer, xm/sirus. i use them both, and as ive read up on ipod integration you either lose the function of the cd changer or the sat radio.

im really not tryin to go with a fm receiver, i dont like the "cheap" look.

thanks for the link, i was looking at that option earlier, but with that you lose features.
Sorry for any misplaced "innuendo", but if you have the patience to read through all of it, you can judge for yourself as to why the weary feeling - although it can be a $ 500 not-so-cheap solution for you.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by chefro
Sorry for any misplaced "innuendo", but if you have the patience to read through all of it, you can judge for yourself as to why the weary feeling - although it can be a $ 500 not-so-cheap solution for you.
its ok, as this is my first day to this forum, was lead here from the dealer who sold me the car. thank you for your input, i just like to know all my options before i jump into anything. 500$ or 1300$(dealer quote), for me i prefer quality over price. again thanks for the responces, i will post some pictures at a later date, she is COVERED in salt.