Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner '03

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Default New Owner '03

First time Audi Owner, Picked up an '03 3.0 w MultiTronic 59k milesand 2 years left on CPO warranty. I'm really impressed with Value, Quality of Materials and Performance. This will be my daily driver 120 miles a day commute, it replaces an '02 Acyra TL 3.2S and there's no comparison between the 2 cars. It actually compares favorably to my wifes '03 Jaguar XJ8.
Are there any tips for a new owner?

Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Owner '03

All you need to do is make sure you service the car when needed, and you should be fine.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Owner '03

Here are some tips that I also gave to my brother when he trade his Jaguar XJ6 for my Audi... It was because I needed some money for my daughter's tuition fee... I have some minor problems with its Jaguar XJ6 parts because it kinda old... Anyway, going back to the topic... Just hide these tips and you're well on your way to extending the life of your Audi and improving its overall performance - especially gas mileage and emissions: Good luck!!!

Tip #1: General overall cleanliness of your engine is the best preventive maintenance you can perform on your Audi. A clean engine runs cooler and is much less likely to cause premature failure of other parts. It's also easier to work on.

Tip #2: Regular routine replacement of all filters, lubricants, coolant and the other parts noted here is critical. Use the mileage guidelines shown as your benchmark. Sensing and mechanical tolerances have become so tight even slight variations can create drastic performance changes.

Tip #3: Know your Audi's systems and particular requirements before starting any project. Do not attempt to fix what you don't understand.

Tip #4: Remember that some improvements may not take effect right away if your Audi's computer is designed to learn and adjust. The computer may need to see various parameters before making any permanent setting changes.

By the way the here are maintenance parts:
Basic Ignition Parts (Spark plugs, Distributor Cap & Rotor, Spark plug wires)
Filters: Oil filters (Air filters, PCV breather filter, fuel filter, Automatic Transmission Filter)
Other maintenace parts (Oxygen sensors, Vacuum hoses, Temperature sensors)

Here is a list of tuneup parts you should consider when performing routine maintenance work on your Audi:
- Spark Plugs -
- Spark Plug Wires (Ignition Wire Set) -
- Distributor Cap -
- Distributor Rotor -
- Oxygen Sensor (O2 Sensor) -
- Oil Filter -
- Air Filter -
- PCV Breather Filter -
- Fuel Filter -
- Transmission Filter -
- Vacuum Hoses -
- Temperature Sensors -