Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o4reg a6 manual..what model have i got???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
1st Gear
Default o4reg a6 manual..what model have i got???

hi im a new member and first time owner of a audi...my car is a 130 tdi sport saloon 04 reg in black 120000 miles with f.s.h ...can anybody tell me if there is a workshop manual i can get..as the little faults i have found .idont know how to tackle them??????????????????...also been looking to purchase a s/hand cd changer...can any body tell me if my a6 has a pre.installed 13pin plug in boot or [trunk]/??????? so you just plug in a cd changer. or would i have too buy a lead and remove radioand install one ?? through to the boot ..a manual would explain how too remove trims ect ..please help ...plus can anybody tell me what model my car is ect mk1/mk2 /c5/c6 ???as i need too know if i order any parts.. thank please reply

Old 06-14-2008, 03:45 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: o4reg a6 manual..what model have i got???

With a 2004 TDi, you probably have a European version. The best way to tell if you have a C5 or a C6 is to look at the front grill. Do you have the all in one front grill or the older split grill? The interior will be vastly different also. Just look at a few pictures from Google and you will be able to tell the difference.

Workshop manuals are a bit tricky. In the US they have the Bentley's manual. For Europe, I'm not sure. Try Amazon or Dr Google.

If it not advisable to get a non Audi headunit. Audi will not hook up their diagnostic equipment if you have a different head unit. I know it is a problem in C5 models. Can't be sure about C6.

I don't know if you have the cable in your boot. Best thing is to get some audio installer to have a look at it.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

thanks for your reply ..my car is split grill model.. i live near manchester in england .and over here there is no work shop manuals at all .just people sellingrepair/part discs for your computor. so if you could tell me if in u.s.a if they do a good w/shop manual for my a6 i would look too buy one. as i dont think the engines and trim would be that differant ????? ps thank again martyn.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:33 AM

Try google "Audi a6 shop manual". Try for UK : www.electronicmanuals.co.uk. The Bentley manuals are only for USA and Canada.