Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One you've probably never seen before- doors that won't open, regardless

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 AM
1st Gear
Default One you've probably never seen before- doors that won't open, regardless

I have a 2002 A6 1.8T from Singapore. Pollen filter leaked, CCM unit gone. Here's the challenge- the door won't open for me to replace it!

I just got a quote from the stealer, who wanted $700 just for the "correct CCM unit, assuming that's your problem." So let's add that to a $105 "inspection charge" + having to do all of the work through the only door that can be opened with a key, exposing the seat where the CCM module ISN'T. By the time this is all over, I may as well junk the car and start over. The car runs great otherwise. Everything was fine until a recent heavy rain screwed up my car and my life. I can probably replace the CCM myself, but I'm thinking I'll have to unbolt the seat with the door closed, as the anti-theft has bolted the door shut, and can only be deactivated by a working CCM.

I am thankful for any suggestions here, any that will save me from being over and taking it to the Audi stealer.

I don't know of any way to get the door to let go. I've pulled on the inside handle more than twice. It's the same for all doors except the driver door, which is the only one with a key. So If I want any passengers, they have to climb over the driver's seat! This is New Zealand, so the CCM is on the passenger side.

Any ideas on how to get the door to let go so I can replace the CCM? What should I expect for reprogramming it? Can I use an "almost exact" CCM? Or does my car explode if I don't have an exact match? I don't plan on keeping the car forever, and it will be dismantled when I'm done driving it.