Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help with passing smog in comunist california OBD2 non continuous monitors

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:40 PM
1st Gear
Default please help with passing smog in comunist california OBD2 non continuous monitors

So I took my wifes 01 a6 2.8L to a smog test only station. Of course if passed the emissions test with flying colors but did not pass the overall inspection because of computer codes. When I plug in my obd2 reader i was getting misfire codes. a p300 and then the p301 and other cylinders. So I just replaced all the plugs, and installed a new coil pack. waiting for new plug wires to get here tomorrow to install them. I cleared the misfire codes on my reader. So hopefully after putting the wires on and driving another 50-75 miles i will not get any more misfire codes.

I am also getting a few of the non-continuous monitors. The reader shows:
O = oxygen sensor monitor
OH = oxygen sensor heater monitor
C = catalyst monitor
EV = EVAP system monitor
2A = Secondary Air System Monitor

such a pain in the ****. please help with any info. Do I just need to change a bunch of sensors ? We are at a point where we can't drive because we don't have tags. We've gotten our 1 and only registration extension which dmv now gives for $50 and it expired on 1-15-11. So I need to get these things solved so that I can take it back in for a new smog test this week.
PLEASE HELP ! Thanks in advance to anyone that can asist.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:54 AM
3rd Gear

If you cleared the code using any OBD II reader, then the ECU needs some time to set the readiness code. There is a way to set the readiness code through some procedure which I forget. (You can search the forum.) Otherwise drive around for awhile through various conditions. If everything is working correctly, then it will set itself.