Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POWER STEERING PROBLEM???? Not fluid.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 07:44 PM
1st Gear
Default POWER STEERING PROBLEM???? Not fluid.

I just got done replacing the Steering Rack in my A6, I have yet to get it to Audi for an alignment I don't get paid until Friday, but something weird has just happend it almost refuses to turn LEFT has anyone ever heard of this, any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED?

Old 12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: POWER STEERING PROBLEM???? Not fluid.

How far have u drove it yrds or miles since the rack was done if yards i would say that on some cars you have a bolt that holds the rack centre when fitting and must be removed to enable rack to move, also what oil u put in it if u put ATF fliud in................UNLUCKY! Thats the red stuff, cos i seen one that has and the seals swell and blow, You must use the gen green snotty stuff that Audi sell for 3k a tin! If none of this rings home next jack it up and try moving the wheels by hand see what happens if thats ok then either stick a scaffolding pole throu the steering wheel or stick some flames under it. Seriously i would say if the oils ok the bolts out if its got one then disconnect the track rods and try it you might have a siezed ball joint but i doubt it Good luck!
Nice job doing the rack aint it...............................NOT!!!!!!
I just done one on a new A6 would help if Audi didnt put the bolt under the heater!!