Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powerwindow prob

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:24 AM
1st Gear
Default powerwindow prob

anybody have this issue? my front driver window slows down near the top. like it is stressed or gets to tight . cars never been wrecked and there is no sounds from the motor. somtimes it stops and goes back down it's starting to suck any ideas.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:42 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: powerwindow prob

Search would have revealed that this has been covered many times. The window guides wear out and need to be replaced. Increased friction causes pinch sensors to trip, reversing window.

Follow the link in my signature to my registry page. There, you'll find a link to Stoney's Links. Do a search for window guides on that page and you'll find a link to an article that describes how to DIY this problem, including part numbers to order newer, redesigned guides.

Some silicone spray in the tracks is also a workable stopgap.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:02 AM
1st Gear

I agree with Southboro, but it also could be the regulator.

Try and search the forum though, I do not have a problem with what you posted, but believe me, they will treat you like you're an 8 year old if they continuously see the same questions posted!

Makes no difference to me, but they get upset here!

OOOO

Old 10-23-2006, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear

Here's the test to try... Have somebody work with you to manually push the window up as you work the control. If, with this little bit of help, it goes up properly, I'll be it's the guides. Regulators don't fail anywhere near as much as the guides. Guides are also a lot cheaper and a DIY.

Searching is for your benefit -- there's a wealth of information contained in the archives and, if you're asking a common question, you'll typically find many more answers there than you'll ever get in reply to a single post.

Joeski, do yourself and the forum a favor and lose the chip on your shoulder. Nobody is treating anybody like an 8 year old -- merely helping people to get the most out of the forum by pointing out the value of doing a search. You'll also note I pointed this out and answered his question.

Peace, love, and take it easy.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

really, dude, there are like 20 posts that I alone read on it over the past couple of months - and I haven't even been here THAT long )
But an easy problem to fix yourself though, so get to it