Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Default question

is there a drain for water under where the battery. i noticed sum water leaking in on passanger side from under the dash so i went exploring under the hood and underneath the battery is prolly about 2 or 3 inches of water (i will take pictures when i get a sec).... also on my way home from work about 20 minutes ago my breaks started acting up (thank god i only live 2 minutes from my job) it would act like the abs were kicking on. it is raining out but ive never had it do that before. it happend for about 3 or 4 stops and then went back to normal and that is when i realized the water leaking in. any input on either of these would be extremely appreciated thank you very much in advance

o and ps i drive a 99 a6 quattro that would probably help

Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah the drain is located directly under the battery, and tends to get plugged up with leaves and pine needles. Just pull the battery and use compressed air to blow it out.

As for the ABS, you would need to pull the fault codes. The possibilities are a damaged or misaligned ABS wheel sensor, or more commonly a faulty brake light switch. The brake light switch is directly above the brake pedal, and most likely doesn't create a fault code when it acts up.