Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Question.

hey everybody!

I;m new here. I just bought a 1998 A6 in decemeber as a kind of christmas present to myself! I believe its the base 2.8L Quattro. my question is that it has been running fine all winter sincei bought it but 3 weeks ago i took it to the shop my buddy works at because the check engine light came on. He hooked it up to a scannner and the code it read was P0114 - something about a secondary air or fuel infection. He said that he wasn't totally sure what it was so he reset it and told me that if it poped back up to go to the audi dealer. Well 2 weeks went by just fine then a few days ago it poped back up....Any ideas as to what it might be? the car seems to run fine in auto and in the tiptronic. I have felt it get a hard idle once while at a light but never anything else... Any info would be great thanks!

Dennis E.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Question.

P0114: Intake air temperature circuit intermittent.

It's likely your intake air temperature sensor. Either the sensor is getting tired or the plug is dirty.
I don't know where exactly the plug is on a '98 2.8. That could easily cause your rough idle, as it would get the fuel mix wrong if the sensor wasn't reporting all of the time.

Welcome to Audi, and welcome to the forum.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Question.

Thanks Redshoerider,
So that means that i jsut need to fuel plug? and sensor is that just an easy replace? Any tips on how to fix this would be great? Im gonna ask my mechanic buddy I just would like to have a little knowledge on what im looking at having to replace.fix. Thanks guys!