Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall work on A6--what else would YOU do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Recall work on A6--what else would YOU do?

We just got the A6 less than a week ago and decided to stop in at the local Audi dealership and get a build sheet. (love seeing what came on her for future reference.)
The guy said there was an open recall on the car to replace the coils. Cool Beans! 100K and she's getting new coils. I'm cool with that.

--So was wondering, would it a good time and worth it for them to go ahead and replace the spark plugs as well?
I mean, I know I can do it, pretty simple, but heck since they have the coils off ... Will call to see if they will take aftermarket or let them put in whatever they use.

-- Also what else should I have them do while they are at it?
Do have a "Need Service" message that I will have them reset.

I do not have a maintenance sheet from the PO of the vehicle so anything I do I will track, plus if at dealership they will track. --not that I will be going to a dealership again. I'm a big DIY guy--but since it's in there I figure I would take the opportunity to have other things done if it worth them doing.

Thanks
--Drew

Old 03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
2nd Gear

Well question is when the last spark plug change was. 80k-100k is about the range when they should be changed if you are not racing.

I also had to change my MAF around 85k so maybe you have to look into that as well but if it doesn't give you any trouble, wait for it to go. The car will still drive but just throw a bunch of codes and run rich/lean.

I can't think of anything else on the top of my head if the car doesn't give you any trouble.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Sheldon, was thinking along same lines about the spark plugs.
No other issues I see/hear or know of.