Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Remote Start

I have a 03 A6 avant, wondering if there is a remote starter for this vehicle and a bypass I would need to get in addition to a spare key the car would "eat".
I have been told by several places around Brattleboro, VT and Greenfield, MA that they don't make remote starts for Audi's and or they will not touch an Audi to put one in. Can antone help with this issue, my son and wife keep hounding me for this so the can be confertable when they get in the car in summer and winter.

P.S. sorry about the spelling

Old 07-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Remote Start

Its not possible to make a remote start on a vehicle with immobilizer because the key has to be recognized in the key ignition barrel. Its possible to make a push button start with the key in the ignition but thats about it.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Remote Start

ORIGINAL: auditech79

Its not possible to make a remote start on a vehicle with immobilizer because the key has to be recognized in the key ignition barrel. Its possible to make a push button start with the key in the ignition but thats about it.
I disagree with this - at least in general terms. There are companies out there that make boxes that hold an extra spare key (such as a valet key)which would be hidden under the dash. This key has a coil wrapped around it and some other specialized circuitrywhich picks up the immobilizer signal and thus allows the car to start - because the car "thinks" that key is actually in the ignition.

I have no idea if anyone makes such a beast for Audis, but I have seen them work with other vehicles equipped with immobilizers. The only risk is you always have a key in your car, so if a thief knew where to look stealing it would be very, very easy.