Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samsung Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 10:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Samsung Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Connectivity

I recently replaced my iPhone 4S with a S5 and am having one nagging problem - I cannot get directions from the MAPS app on the phone to come thru the audio system of my 2011 Audi A6. I had no problems doing this with my iPhone. I have read a number of threads on an Android forum where people have had similar problems but none were specific to the Audi's audio (MMI) system. I have paired and re-paired the S5 with the car numerous times and have tried countless possible solutions, but the navigation directions always (and only) come thru the phone's speaker. With the car's radio on, this becomes a problem. With my iPhone, the radio broadcast would cut out whenever directions (using Google Maps) were spoken.

Can anyone, especially A6 owners who have solved this issue or understand Bluetooth and/or the MMI system more than me, provide any help so that directions come thru my car's speakers? I assume it can be done since I could do it with my iPhone, but please correct me if this is not the case with the Galaxy S5.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

I once had Google Maps running in the background on my Galaxy S5 and received a phone call at the same time. Then, and only then, did voice commands/directions from my phone play through the Audi's speakers. I have not been able to get it done any other way.
2011 Audi A6 3G MMI w/Navi