Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still cant find the problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:10 PM
1st Gear
Default still cant find the problem

i am getting so tired of this
had a misfire on cylender 2, and installed all 6 spark plugs
car ran fine..... noticed that the intifreeze box was cracking and leaked and replaced it i also had
a bad o2 censor on bank 1 and 2...... installed a universal one on both sides and it runs ok
the problem is it only runs good until i turn it off and then on again and the car is hot, the check engine still on and i dont know what i can do now

as i stated before everytime i press the accelerater m it feels sluggish and stuters from 15 to 40 miles...... if i press it hard, as someone told me the catylictics do a bang noise and the check engine blinks until i dont stepp on the accelerator and its just on

i noticed that it was leaking, im guessing oil under the 1,2,3 cilender box thing for the spark plugs near the o2 censor, but i cant reach or take a look at it

i am getting so anoyed and dont know what the heck might be the problem
anyone one have more suggestions??? if not i will be ready to take it to the dealer

thanks for any help and sorry for the long posts

Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: still cant find the problem

Look behind the motor for the CTS (coolant temp sensor) if it has a black top change it.
They can cause the engine to run rich, which will foul O2 sensors, cause hard starting, and you guessed it, cause missfires.

You might also have a few vaccum leaks, so go over all your vaccum lines.

BTW, what engine do you have?

Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 PM
1st Gear

i have a 2.8l 01 v6 engine

i had changed that beforem the water temp censor.......
what im talking about is on the actual box where the spark plugs are, i am 100 % sure that its oil, i used it today and i stepped on the gas a couple of times, and after im done alot of smoke comes from there

well, one thing is, what causes the engine light to blink many times? is it the vacum hoses??? leakage

Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Site Moderator

I have no idea what your talking about, post a pic if you can.

The check engine light flashing means its miss-firing and can cause catastrophic engine failure, SO STOP DRIVING IT!
It could be a bad coil or wire, try swapping the coils to the other bank and see if the miss-fire moves to the other side of the engine.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

thats a great idea!!!! i was thinking of buyin the deam ignition wires, but they still look good, man those guys from autozone must be sick of seeing me there almost everyday lmao!!

well ill record the smoke and post it on you tube then here, then u guys can see what im talking about

as for the missfire, thats the last thing i wanted to change was the ignition wires, but i guess ill have to now