Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A strange sign on the dashboard! what to do with it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:23 AM
1st Gear
Default A strange sign on the dashboard! what to do with it?

Hi all, A strange sign I have on my dashboard please help! I was told it's somehow body stabilization gauge or something like that I'm not sure, what to do with it???? it lights on everytime for a long time,disappears very seldom for some time and appears again. I can't find the meaning of that, what can be it?
A strange sign on the dashboard! what to do with it?-dsc00265.jpg

Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM
2nd Gear

That is the auto leveling headlight alarm.
Your car is equipped with 2 little sensors - 1 at the front and 1 on rear driver side control arms telling your headlights how much weight is distributed across the car and automatically adjusts the height of your headlights.
Check the sensors and hope it is that, if not you might need to check into new headlight adjuster motors (=$$$)

Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sheldon
That is the auto leveling headlight alarm.
Your car is equipped with 2 little sensors - 1 at the front and 1 on rear driver side control arms telling your headlights how much weight is distributed across the car and automatically adjusts the height of your headlights.
Check the sensors and hope it is that, if not you might need to check into new headlight adjuster motors (=$$$)
Thanks! I understood, somehow I noticed that alarm since i've changed xenon bulbs, and my headlights are playing somehow,i can easily notice it while parking in garage, i can see how they are lighting up and down for just second.
So I've to change sensors or adjuster motors.....

Old 08-14-2011, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear

Well there are multiple things you can check and I really hope for you it is the simple stuff.

1. Check the sensors that regulate the headlight adjustment (1 front and 1 rear, driver side where the control arms are). Here I link I stole from audiworld forums: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Further007.jpg
(see that little plastic arm on the left side right next to the strut?)

2. Check the wiring from and to the sensors, as well as the connector to your headlight from the sensor

3. If everything else looks great and works, it leaves the headlight motors which are within the headlight assembly. You would have to replace the entire headlight assembly to fix that, unless you good in taking things apart and fixing them

Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 AM
3rd Gear

I fought this battle last summer. Turned out to be the adjuster in the headlight (the expensive one of the pair that requires a whole new headlight assembly). I am pretty sure fuse #10 turns off the auto adjustment and suppresses the warning icon. Do a search on the forum, since I have suggested this before.