Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid question possibly

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Stupid question possibly

Hey has anyone ever experienced your windshield suddenly fogging up on the outside while driving? This morning and Friday morning alike I'm driving to work at about 7:30am and my windshield fogs up almost instantly then takes it a few seconds of driving to clear up. It's done it like 3 times during the drive on both mornings. The outside temp hovers around 33F-37F. As far as the car is concerned the oil temp is normal and the coolant gauge is normal no performance issues its a bit aggravating for sure. Like I don't know if its the heat coming from the engine or sudden changes in the micro climate cuz it does it when I pass certain spots along the 22 mile drive and it doesnt do it during my evening drive it only happens in the morning.

Last edited by SubaruHyundaiAudi; 01-13-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear

Have you tried using RainX on your windshield? They also have RainX anti-fog stuff that you can put on the inside to prevent this sort of thing.

I apply RainX to the outside of my windshield about two times a year and it works WONDERS. Great product.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar
Have you tried using RainX on your windshield? They also have RainX anti-fog stuff that you can put on the inside to prevent this sort of thing.

I apply RainX to the outside of my windshield about two times a year and it works WONDERS. Great product.
I coincidently was thinking about rain x this morning too but I haven't tried it cuz I've read mixed reviews on the stuff. The fogging happens on the outside only and it's only the windshield. That rain x stuff you use on the outside is the rain repellent stuff or anti fog? I asked my sister if this happens to her in her 2003 Jetta and she said yes.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:30 AM
2nd Gear

I use the traditional RainX product on the outside, and at times the anti fog wipes on the inside. Where I live in PA there are at times significant temperature changes as I'm driving given the altitude/terrain changes so it can get pretty frustrating and RainX seems to keep this at bay for the most part.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar
I use the traditional RainX product on the outside, and at times the anti fog wipes on the inside. Where I live in PA there are at times significant temperature changes as I'm driving given the altitude/terrain changes so it can get pretty frustrating and RainX seems to keep this at bay for the most part.
there's anti fog wipes too? I've only seen the liquid anti fog. I'm gonna give the rain x a shot on the outside. This morning it didn't fog up as much on the outside while driving but definitely I'm goin to try it out