Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp reading on rear view mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Default Temp reading on rear view mirror?

How do you change the rearview mirror to show the temperature instead of the compass? I can see the shadow of digital numbers and the degree symbol when the sun light hits the rear view mirror but the owners manual says nothing about a temp gauge on the mirror. Is it possible or am I seeing things? Thanks.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:35 PM
1st Gear
Smile Outside Temperature

BDMStang,

The outside temperature display on your car is located on your instrument cluster between the speedometer and tachometer. On the end of your wiper stalk is a swith that is moved either up or down to change the display. It shows either current mpg, average mpg, outside temp, distance remaining on fuel in the tank and engine hours. There is also a reset swith on the bottom of this same stalk which you can press and hold to reset the readings or press briefly to turn the display on/off. Try it! Let me know what happens.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

awww you guys got compasses?.. jealous

Old 09-19-2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by TwinTurboC5
BDMStang,

The outside temperature display on your car is located on your instrument cluster between the speedometer and tachometer. On the end of your wiper stalk is a swith that is moved either up or down to change the display. It shows either current mpg, average mpg, outside temp, distance remaining on fuel in the tank and engine hours. There is also a reset swith on the bottom of this same stalk which you can press and hold to reset the readings or press briefly to turn the display on/off. Try it! Let me know what happens.
I know that's all available and how to use it, I'm curious if we can have the temp display on the rear view mirror where the compass is located. When I turn the car on, the display on the mirror lights up and shows a degree symbol and zeros before displaying my compass direction, so that leads me to believe that it's possible. However, the owners manual shows nothing about it. Just strange to me, check it out next time you turn on your car. I may try and take a picture today.