Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: turbo replacement

When i get my tranny rebuilt, do all of the fueling and put a methan kit... Uhhhh I think I would have a good chance. The tiptronic set up with GIAC makes it launch at 3.0 rpms flat with it not moving... This gives a quicker reaction time off the line. With a rebuilt tranny the tipchip will be way quicker than any human :-X.... So how would this "hold" me back. You would be pushing 550-600 HP easy. That is my goal... and you have to look at the torque ratio with the heavy car and the RS4. Yes it might be a little bit lighter but the torque in those cars are pretty low. 325... with the stage 3 sitting around 400/420 lb/fts... Power to the brake launch :-X watch out ;0

Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
1st Gear

550-600hp on K04's is wholly unrealistic. You would need to go to a custom GT turbo setup for that kind of power. As far as methane kit, I assume you mean water/methanol injection. This kit will definitely lower your IAT and add a small amount of performance gain via increased octane number, but 550-600hp is not realistic. The GIAC TIP chip is good and the VAST TIP chip is better, I realize that you can launch them at higher RPM, but higher RPM = Higher intial torque = tranny go boom. Get that tranny level10'd and you are getting closer. But as a stage 3- A6 you will not take the RS4

Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

lol if you think 550 is impossible you are joking me. With racing fuel or a methan kit you def will be at 550 horsepower.... You get the tranny level10'd to not wreck your tranny. Why I am waiting on the fueling obviously. Oh and Vast is always out ofshit to do the tipchips so ijust got the giac.You have to be joking if you think a a6 stage 3 550HP wouldn't beat a rs4? :-x You would EASILY BE RUNNING UNDER 13's into the 12's high 11's.. I will get back to you with a pink slip Ohh and my bad it is around 525 horsepower**** , 550 torque LOLLLL..... Your torque sits at 2.5-3rpms... launching higher is basiclly pointless unless you are in a manual :X trying to not hurt ur car. You prob have no clue how easy it is to brake launch with the stage 3... You launch right into 400-425 torque and instantly 250-300 HP.... I would gladly race an RS4 and rape it. Give me 6 more months

Old 06-02-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

My upgrades will include the fuel kit with RS4 injectors. So it looks like this:
3" ss downpipes (Autospeed)
cat back dual exhuast (Autospeed)
K04 turbos
TT diverter valves
torque converter (Level10)
Autospeed fuel kit--injectors, fuel pump, MAF housing, plugs
Turbo kit-pipes etc.
Autospeed custom ecu tune -- dyno tested
Autospeed custom tcu tune.
Mark at Autospeed tells me that 450-470Hp with +/-480 lb/ft of torque is very likely. What I'd like is something in the 11.0's and 0-60 in about 5 sec. That should get the kids to school in time!

What am I forgetting? Do I need the Y pipe? Does that really help.
I guess I can drop a Green panel filter in the box. I'd rather put a full air intake system in if I can find one.
I will do the intercoolers as well, I just don't know when.
Total: about $9K

Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 PM
2nd Gear

No you don't need the Y pipe unless you are going to the RS4 mass air flow i believe. You should cut a hole in the bottom of your airbox ... You are going to be pushing a lot of boost in the car you should def get intercoolers when you can. Not only will it help the powerbut the cooling with be nice NO **** U WOULD RUN 11'0s I think nothings car runs wrong.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:25 PM
2nd Gear

Let me know how everything goes for you

OHHH and that is great power you should put racing fuel in it get 550 HP :P

Rs4 - 3568 lb
a6 -3836 lb

That is about 25 HP worth of weight.. Which the torque easily makes up for. Trust me.. your stage 3+ a6 2.7T should be crushing rs4s :-X Even at stage 3minus it would be close or enough to win. with the same ratio.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

Do you not read what I write. I have a stage 3-, with VAST Tip. I do not dispute that it is quick, but getting our very heavy car to turn 11's or low 12's will be an incredible feat. I know how to launch a stage 3- tip and how to drive it down the track, really not that hard. Good luck with the rest of your build. I would only metion that you should check into the B5 S4 directory and see how many of those guys are pushing 550-600hp(not many at full stage 3+) If you want to get the full performance out of your car then OTS stuff has to be tweaked with other programs, namely ecu=x or lemminwinks. I know my **** about this platform, just wish you good luck and happy dreaming.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 PM
1st Gear

By the way it is as I stated earlier a water/methanol injection kit nota methane kit.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

check out the slip times for S4's, not many stage 3+ in the 11sec range, these are not race cars but very quick luxury sedans

Old 06-02-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

I have to put a 4 new tires and get front end alignment tomorrow--an other $1k. That's why the intercooler may wait.
I believe the fuel kit that autospeed sells includes the maf housing. Not knowing what to do is fustrating. I'm puting a lot of faith in this guy down here. I hope he knows what he's doing-- I think he does, he seems like a really sharp guy who is really into what he does.

It's probably going to be a few months before BW gets those turbos to me so I'll just have to wait. The bigger problem is that I need to get this faulty temp sensor fixed. My car wouldn't start last night because it was flooded. The damn sensor signals a cold start and adds too much fuel (p3081is the code I think). And I just read a post about a recall of a part that causes a fuel leak, that scares me. If my car burns up before I get a chance to do this, I will be sooooo pissed!

Quick Reply: turbo replacement