Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well, got an '04 2.7t, it wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:53 AM
1st Gear
Default well, got an '04 2.7t, it wont start!

Hey, i just recently got a 20042.7t tip with 43k miles from an auction for $10.8k flawless in and out....the only thing is...well..... it has salvage title due to flood. I dont know how bad it was floded, but it was in posetion of ensuarance company, fixed and put on the auction. As auction stated to me car did start, could be put in the gear and able to move foward/backward on its own power. I belive thatwas almost 2 month ago, and then it was just seating in the yard. I got the car, it was delivered yesterday to my friends house and i supose to pick it up in a couple of weeks from now. When they brought the car driver said that it wont start and just unloaded it like that. My friend tryed to start it, he said it cranks but wont start. I know there could be a lot of things there from ignition to fuel. But maybe there is some kind of comon problems or areas with flooded audis that i need to look into. Adn what is the wors thing that could of happen?....thanx for any input!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: well, got an '04 2.7t, it wont start!

Because you don't know the circumstances of the flood as a precaution the very first thing I would do is replace ALL fluids and filters:
Engine oil + filter
Transmission oil + filter if automatic
Coolant
Brake fluid
Gas filter
Air filter
Pollen filter

Next thing might be to empty the gas tank and have it cleaned. You don't want rust in there...

Also at the very least I would replace the plugs and check the coil packs.

Did you hook up a VAG to the car? There might be some helpful codes...
Good luck withg the new car. I hope you get it all solved soon and enjoy the ride!

Old 04-11-2008, 04:02 PM
3rd Gear

Everything I have read about "flood" cars is to avoid them. Aside from the easy stuff to fix like contaminated fluids, the real problem is corrosion throughout the electrical system. It could be shorting out anywhere in the ignition or power accessories. It's even worse if it was immersed in salt water. The auctions disclaimer that the car starts and moves is not the same as an Audi running like an Audi should. My 1997 Saturn with 146k miles started and ran, but it was a POS other than that.

You may have saved a bundle at the auction, but be prepared to pay a few thousand to get this thing running again. A flooded car is not TOTALLED for no reason. Usually to fix it right costs more than the vehicle is worth.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

Another thing to check is if the exhausts pipes are clogged. That could account for an engine not starting.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:37 PM
1st Gear

Well.....it did start and runs like new.....actualy looks like new.....inside car smells like new. Or yeah the problem was that the car was seating for over 2 month (i think it was more than that), added some octane booster in the tank and after few more tryes it fired up and after about 5 min was idling just perfect, i gues it was gas thatjust sat in there for too long. However right now its getting all the fluids changed all around with audi stuff. I didnt get to see it yet by my budy sad that its extreamly clean in and out for a used car, after about 20 min of going around the car trying to find anything, he only found a tiny scratch on the bootom of the front bumper that about 2 inches long and even that could be buffed out. He sad that engine sounds very nice and clean, and it looks like new. He also used to be a mechanic and a good one so he knows what he is talking about. After all the fluids are changed he will run it around for a lil while just to see how dravability, trany and over all. I think imight of goten a good deal after all!

Old 04-13-2008, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

Sweet!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

I think that mustang you've been runnin around in has started to rub off on your grammar.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: WeezyTT

I think that mustang you've been runnin around in has started to rub off on your grammar.
yeah....or maybe its just the fact that 7 years ago i couldnt even say my name in english, but through the power of tv, news papers and some kind of self education i managed to put couple of words together by now.well, what r u going to do with the guy that never even been in english class? huh?

Old 04-13-2008, 07:04 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: madrussian

ORIGINAL: WeezyTT

yeah....or maybe its just the fact that 7 years ago i couldnt even say my name in english, but through the power of tv, news papers and some kind of self education i managed to put couple of words together by now.well, what r u going to do with the guy that never even been in english class? huh?
And they say the media is worthless!
Good on you man. I have been in your shoes when Ifirst came to the US, when people made fun of my English and my accent. Thanks to two of my bosses, one Turkish and the other Chinese, I can now also write corporate memos!